POSTED ON July 13, 2022 3:31 am
The Polycomb audio plugin was designed to be a polyponic comb filter VST effect.It is similar to Dronebox but the comb filters are controled by polyphonic midi input. This allows rapid chord changes with up to 32 note polyphony.
Here are some key features of “Polycomb”:
￭ 32 note polyponic comb filter controlled via midi or onscreen keyboard
￭ Up to 6 voices of Unison for thick detuned effects
￭ Excitation section to feed the comb filters with different noise
￭ ASR Envelope which can be routed to Volume, Filter Cutoff and Pitch
￭ Resonant filter to warm up the input signal
￭ Pitch LFO
￭ Filter LFO
￭ Pitch bender to adjust the pitch of all combs at once.
￭ Delay effect
￭ 32 Presets and Manual
￭ 1 Ghz Processor
￭ VST host such as Cubase SX
NOTE: Polycomb comes bundled with Dronebox.
￭ Every 20 seconds you will hear a beep.
Generate an audio spectrum with polyphonic controls for all the voices.
Select a noise signal (frequency band or dynamic range),
then split the incoming sound into multiple voices with an oscillator
1. Make a selection for the noise. All the comb filters are open and set to the same frequency.2. Create a first comb filter with the pan knob to the front. You can optionally add a transposed version of the noise.3. Pan the sound to the right side of the audio spectrum.4. Add a comb filter on the left side. Its frequency and pan must be less than the first.5. To create a second comb filter, use the Edit menu and select “Synch”6. Select a random note for the frequency of the comb filter. Use the keyboard to start/stop the selection.7. When the selection is done, assign it to the Note Off button.8. Use the Edit menu and select Add Comb Filter.9. Use the Edit menu and select Unison.10. Add another comb filter to the left and above the previous one.11. Select Noise off again if necessary.12. Use the Edit menu and select Move to edit the parameters of the last comb filter.13. Use the Edit menu and select Split.14. Select first comb filter as Channel 1, second comb filter as Channel 2 and the third one as Channel 3.15. Use the Edit menu and select all the Channels and then select “Apply”.16. Move the volume sliders to increase the volume for Channels 1, 2 and 3.17. Adjust the Gain with the Gain button.
The sound of comb filter is softer if the Gain is too high.
1. Set the Tone on the Bottom Knob to the Left.2. Use the Select Knob to set the Cutoff to the left.3. Set the Freq to the midi note. Adjust the Cutoff with the Vertical Knob.
The higher the Cutoff the softer the comb filter.
1. Click the Pan button on the Left.2. Use the Select Knob to set the Freq to the Midi Note.3. Use the Edit menu and select the mode to be the Dual Checkbox.4. Use the Select Knob to adjust the frequency of the outer “checkbox”.5. Adjust the Cutoff with the Vertical Knob.
The higher the Cutoff, the more exact the comb filter works.
This plugin is a dronebox type stereo comb filter, similar to Dronebox but polyphonic. Each comb filter has 4 up to 32 preset combinations, controlled with midi, keyboard, mixer and on screen graph. Each can be swept with a control pannel or detuned with the filter level. The filter waveshape can be select by LFO.
In the box:
– A 32 step Unison section to set the amount of Unison on each comb.
– An excitation section to feed the comb filters.
– A pitch bender, which can be routed to volume, cutoff, pitch and resonance filters. It can also make a smooth sweep.
– The comb resonsant filters, which add a chorus like effect.
– A delay effect that can be routed to volume and pitch. It can be detuned using the filter cutoff of the comb section.
– A pitch lfo, that can be routed to the filter cutoff, speed, pitch and filter resonance of the comb resonsant filters.
– A volume lfo that can be routed to the volume and filter cutoff of the delay effect.
– An on screen graphic control panel that can be routed to volume, pitch, filter cutoff, delay, LFO and midi notes.
v 1.0: BUGFIX: “Pitch lfo” is now fixed.
v 1.1: FIXED: Pitch lfo isn’t fully working in 32 step mode.
v 1.2: FIXED: Stop swiping all filters when you only want one to be moving.
v 1.3: ADDED: Some text to separate sections on the GUI.
v 1.4: ADDED: Midi Notes section on the GUI.
v 1.5: FIXED: Fixed the pitch resonant and comb resonsant settings.
v 1.6: FIXED: Fixed the volumes level on the GUI.
v 1.7: FIXED: Fixed the delay values and volume lfo values on the GUI.
v 1.8: FIXED: Fixed the filter lfo values on the GUI.
v 1.9: FIXED: Fixed the filter cutoff and resonance values on the GUI.
v 1.10: BUGFIX: “Polycomb Crack” now works with MIDI notes instead of a button on the gui.
v 1.11: BUGFIX: Fixed the “Polycomb” speeding up on
￭ 32 notes polyponic comb filter, Unison mode works as a thick unison
with gating effect.
￭ The engine has six comb filters, each one has a pitch and an LFO for
changes of frequency.
￭ Pitch bender for midi control, or click on pitchbend a wav file.
￭ Resonant filter for warmups, or click on resonance a wav file.
￭ Excitation section for multiple ways to pass input signal to the comb
￭ Delay section (you can place a delay line on each layer as you open them).
￭ Polyponic knob control Pitch and LFO
￭ 16 Presets
￭ Timebend: 0-64 seconds
￭ Pitch Bend: -2 semi minor, 1 minor to 4 full
￭ Resonance: -10 semitone, 10 semitone to 15
￭ Filter Cutoff: 0 to 31
￭ Mix level for voices, you can have different mix level on each voice.
￭ Volume: 0-100%
￭ Midi CC 1 to midi CC 9
￭ Drum roll by click one note.
￭ Delay time, you can place a delay line on each layer as you open them.
￭ Delay level, you can control the delay level of each layer.
￭ Mix option for voices to change the incoming signal.
￭ LFO for delay time, you can play automatic delay time for each layer.
￭ LFO for delay time, you can play automatic delay time for each voice.
￭ LFO for delay time, you can play automatic delay time for each voice.
￭ Trigger input for automatic turn on/off.
￭ Time Stretching, you can stretch time with VST parameter.
￭ Delay time, you can control the delay time by midi CC.
￭ Timebend for voices, you can control the timebend for all voices at once.
￭ Pitch LFO for voices, you can control the pitch LFO for all voices at once.
￭ Filter LFO for voices, you can control the filter LFO for all voices at
￭ Mix level for voices, you can control the incoming
In addition to the official app where you can easily browse, download and listen to the sounds, some of our artists put a great amount of work in their sounds. These sounds are available for purchase on our SoundCloud store. If you like the sounds, consider buying the artist’s original pack on our store.
Feel free to download these sounds and develop your own soft synth plugins.
You can find these sounds in the “Polycomb” folder inside the zip file.
I hope you enjoy using these sounds.
If you have any questions or if you have any bugs, please let us know!
Also, if you have suggestions for future patches, please don’t hesitate to send them to us.
A couple of Musicians who have created their own sounds for the Polycomb app:
Panda Bear – “Polycomb”, “Drone Box”, “New Year”, “Sofa King”, “Flower Window”, “Mandelbulb”, “Mirror”, “Wind Gust”, “Piano Doom”, “Chill”, “Azula”, “Eggs”, “Purple Sounds”, “Destruction”, “All Videos”, “Idiot Channel”, “Grasshopper”, “Howling”, “Cactus Chorus”, “Zero G”, “Ballroom Noise”, “Barbecue”, “Clio Chords”, “Cardiac”, “Drum Cardio”, “Hospital”, “Southwest Jingle”, “Yuliya’s Head”, “Poseidon”, “Torch”, “Owl”, “Roper”, “White Noise Cardio”, “Semi-automatic Gun”, “Cerebellum”, “Classical Electronic”, “Truck Hiss”, “Cabinet”, “Enchiridion”, “Clamshell”, “Microphone”, “Silent Shimmer”, “Dansant”, “Astro Bot”, “Electric Guitars”, “It Was Heaven”, “Hurricane”, “Zero”, “Clockworks”, “Enchanting”, “Neuroshock”
Underworld Soundsystem – “Cherrybomb”, “Brooklyn Rage”, “Madness Factory”, “Boomtown”, “Cloud”, “Rainforest Drops”, “Percolator”, “Elephant Room”
Panda Bear – “Blood Glaze”, “Subterranean Tubes”, “Tribute to Gravity”, “SOMA”, “Dark Red”, “Athlete”, “Cassiel”, “Dr. Fetus”, “Sweeping
(1) Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
(2) Intel i3-2310 CPU, 3.2 GHz (4 Core) or more
(3) 2 GB of RAM
(4) Intel HD 3000 Graphics or higher
(5) 4 GB of free hard disk space
(6) Windows DVD/USB drive with a capacity of 4GB. (32-bit operating system only)
(7) 1280×800 resolution
(8) DirectX 9.0c compatible