POSTED ON June 8, 2022 1:02 am
1. Manage Endpoint Devices: ManageEngine Desktop Central can be used to control all the software and hardware used in the company. It allows you to check device statuses, reboot devices, update drivers, and replace or repair hardware.
Software: ManageEngine can also configure your IT infrastructure. From the program’s interface, you can deploy software directly on the company’s computers, but you can also use the program to install patches and assist employees through remote control.
2. IT Asset Management: By organizing and tracking company’s computers and peripherals, ManageEngine Desktop Central helps to manage your IT department’s resources better. It stores metadata about every piece of hardware, as well as each asset’s configuration. With the program, you can view, update, and track the status of every asset.
3. Control Remote Devices: ManageEngine Desktop Central allows you to manage a company’s mobile devices, from iPads to smartphones, through its product. By using it, you can install applications, manage their time-consuming tasks, and help assist employees in troubleshooting. It also allows you to monitor and track every device’s use.
4. Support: ManageEngine Desktop Central can offer support for both your company’s software and hardware. Through the program, you can help employees upgrade their Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices, or you can remotely control them. Moreover, you can use it to monitor and track applications, and manage company’s external devices.
5. External Integration: ManageEngine Desktop Central allows you to integrate with other applications or services. For instance, it allows you to:
Collaborate with third-party users
Track files, not only company’s computers
Increase device security
Track all application and device update history
Track device usage history
6. Company Management: ManageEngine Desktop Central allows you to control multiple aspects of your company’s infrastructure and its employees. You can view your company’s devices and support their usages. You can also restrict employees from accessing private company data and software.
7. Activity Log: With the program, you can create activity logs for your computers, mobile devices, or other external devices. You can filter these logs by date, time, or type of asset. Moreover, you can sort, group, and highlight logs from different users. You
ManageEngine Desktop Central is an administrative solution allowing you to centrally control user-installed software in multiple desktop or mobile devices. No matter where the PC has been, it can be retrieved and put to use in a matter of minutes. By scanning device registry for known updates or by using the online connection, the software is updated as soon as possible. The quick installation makes the operating system up-to-date, and the software is also kept safe by being locked to the corporate network and not downloaded from the Internet. Furthermore, the software can be centrally managed from your desktop, mobile device, or server.
You can control software, drivers, and updates for Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac, plus a range of popular mobile apps. Additionally, you can manage printers, scanners, USB devices, and more. This means that your team can work efficiently, while ensuring that they can access any device at any time. You can also control Internet browsers, file recovery software, and e-mail clients – all with the ability to share information quickly via the web.
ManageEngine Desktop Central is very well equipped to manage your endpoints. Let’s just go through a few of the main features that make it stand out:
• Device Management
You can easily search for and install applications on your company’s devices, plus see the state of all installed updates and running processes. Your staff can then keep their devices up-to-date as soon as possible. They can access application settings, cache settings, and help manuals while in the field.
• Updates Management
Similar to installing applications, you can also update all software on your endpoints quickly and easily from the desktop. Installing applications is quick and effortless, and ensuring that your team stays up-to-date is now easy. You can also manage a range of applications, including Internet browsers, e-mail clients, and web management tools.
• Device Lockdown
Treat your employees like King Kong and lock down their devices. Users will only be able to access their company’s VPN, sign in, as well as their applications and files. You can also monitor them via their web browser, so when they get back to the office, their email, web surfing, and everything else is monitored.
• Smartphone Management
Your smartphone management from the desktop makes your company much more efficient. You can search for any application or game, and check that it is up to date. You can also manage your device’
The ManageEngine Desktop Central is a cross-platform solution allowing organizations to automate end-user support (and prevent) through the deployment, maintenance, and update of apps as well as a multitude of network resources. Administrators can configure and centrally manage:
• Patches, Drivers, Updates
• User Account and Group management
• User Software deployment
• Access Groups
• User Access
They can also remotely manage mobile devices, including the use of USB devices.
ManageEngine Desktop Central Features:
• Automate user support with easy to use interfaces
• Centralize and manage Windows desktop apps with ease
• Provide a wide array of features for endpoints, mobile devices, and more
• Manage end-user support with automated notification and control
• Personalize and schedule events across the apps and systems.
• Remotely manage your network and mobile devices with ease
• Better control, manage, and security for your apps
• Have all your endpoints on the same page
• Easily distribute your apps, patches, and updates to a wide variety of users
• Control and manage Remote Desktop sessions
Virtual Receptionist is the answer to efficiently manage your reception and help desk needs.
How much time a receptionist spends on a call. How often and how thoroughly she or he answers calls,
How many calls are missed. How many customers or prospective clients walk away from the desk dissatisfied, and how many new customers walk through the door with the same negative experience. All these questions and more are easily answered by using Virtual Receptionist.
Virtual Receptionist is a fully web-based application designed to run in a web browser, and manages all your reception and help desk needs with ease. It is a simple, easy to use, and affordable solution for managing the reception and help desk.
With Virtual Receptionist you can:
Track the number of calls answered and missed
More accurately measure call center performance
Generate and track reports and reports
Automatically route calls from one department to another
Manage and control your reception and help desk
Allocate tasks to individual agents, departments, or callers.
Improve call and ticket abandonment
Automatically route calls
Control and track the usage of your phone system
Send messages directly from your phone
With the help of ManageEngine Desktop Central, you can control almost all aspects of your company’s software infrastructure. With just a few clicks on the Windows machine, you can install new apps, apply updates to existing apps, or remove anything that’s not safe for you company’s network. With ManageEngine Desktop Central, you can deploy software directly on your computers, but you can also install patches and assist employees through remote control. You can also manage various assets and configurations, but you can also control company smartphones and USB devices.
More about ManageEngine Desktop Central
ManageEngine Desktop Central is considered by ManageEngine to be their flagship product. Described as an endpoint management solution, the application is a dedicated tool designed for system admins who want to manage every aspect of your company’s software infrastructure.
The application was built by ManageEngine to save admins time (from manual tasks) and also to make sure that everything is done correctly. It has some built-in functionality, but its main purpose is to create a personal dashboard for each administrator so they can keep track of most of the program’s settings. Many tasks can be performed while connected to the internet, but you can also have access to the application’s settings via local or remote control. The application allows you to install new software, apply updates, or remove any software that’s not safe for your network, but you can also set up remote admin access to PCs and devices.
Another important aspect that ManageEngine Desktop Central is designed to do is update configuration files and tweak drivers for PCs. You can also set the correct password (for drivers, operating systems, etc.), and you can manage printers and folders. The application can create shortcuts (through Windows and Apple’s machines), manage faxes, set work hours, set up call forwarding, manage VPNs (with a lot of different providers), create backup schedules, and make employees return phones to their original location. In most cases, the application can do all of these things by itself, but it also allows you to tweak them with some extra options.
One of the biggest selling points of ManageEngine Desktop Central is its visual interface. It includes a library of software tools and widgets that allow you to customize the look and feel of the program, but it also has a built-in help tool, an application dashboard, version control and development tools, and a wide variety of automation tools.
OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista
Processor: 1.7 GHz Dual Core CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel GMA 950 or ATI Radeon X1950 or NVIDIA GTS 250
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 20 GB available space
There are no known conflicts with other mods or Apex Legends.
Added configurable weather effects and rain particles. Rain particles appear when rain is activated.